On the rugged southwest coast of Tasmania, in a place barely touched by time, there's unforgettable new way to experience the wilderness with On Board, the latest member of Luxury Lodges of Australia
Luxury Lodges of Australia is a collection of intimate luxury lodges and camps located in some of Australia’s most spectacular and diverse destinations. Each member property offers exclusivity of access, to place, people, knowledge and craft. A compelling complement, On Board's exclusive expedition cruise offers privileged access to remote lands rich with stories and adventure.
As of 16 October 2023, On Board joined some of Australia’s most innovative experiential tourism providers who together offer unforgettable, life-changing experiences of our nation’s landscapes, cultures and hospitality.
On Board’s carefully considered itineraries crafted and led by expert local guides offer guests the kind of uniquely Australian experience that aligns perfectly with the Luxury Lodges of Australia DNA
Explore the remotest corners of Tasmania’s World-Heritage-listed wilderness on an intimate, exclusive expedition cruise. Odalisque III is a purpose-built boutique vessel, built and launched in Tasmania in 2023 by On Board. Adventures on the new expedition catamaran feature exclusive access to wilderness areas, with daily walks and adventure boat excursions with expert local guides via bespoke itineraries. All departures are strictly limited to 12 guests only.
Luxury Lodges Celebratory Offer: $1,800 travel credit
Book an expedition cruise with On Board before 31 March 2024 to receive an $1,800 travel credit per cabin for your journey to Tasmania. Valid for travel dates between 10 November 2023 to 30 May 2024. For full offer details, see offer terms & conditions below.
To redeem offer, mention 'Luxury Lodges Celebratory Offer' upon booking or enquiry.
Scenic wilderness seaplane flight
The Tasmanian-owned family-operated experience begins and ends in Hobart with a 40-min scenic seaplane transfer to the floating lodge in the wilderness, Odalisque III. The flight sets set the scene for an epic adventure to come with birds-eye views over wild green valleys and wave-battered coastlines.
In the Southwest National Park
Guests spend their days’ adventuring across the calm, reflective waters of Bathurst Harbour and its surrounding ancient rainforests, buttongrass plains, and quartzite mountain peaks. Beyond Port Davey’s entrance, explore the untracked sands of wild Southern Ocean beaches and the islands that protect the harbour, the last land contact between Tasmania and Antarctica. Along the way, spy rare and endangered wildlife, and learn of Tasmania’s Aboriginal people at a significant cultural living site.
Floating Luxury Lodge in the Wilderness
Back onboard, the reward for the day’s adventure includes a feast of Tasmania’s finest seafood, wines, and whiskies under a thousand stars, lodgings with all the soft luxuries, with expansive, ever-changing views of untouched waterways, peaks and forests through large-picture windows.
Offer Terms & Conditions
- An $1,800 travel credit per cabin will be applied to bookings made between 16 October 2023 to 31 March 2024 for travel dates between 10 November 2023 to 30 May 2024.
- The travel credit can be used at your discretion to book flights, accommodation and other travel costs to/from Hobart.
- The credit will be applied as a discount upon confirmation of booking.
- A booking is confirmed when a deposit is received by On Board. On Board must receive a deposit of 20% within 72 hours of reservation for a booking to be confirmed. If a deposit is not received within 72 hours, the cabin will be released.
- On Board is not responsible for booking domestic flights or other third party travel arrangements on behalf of guests.
- This offer is for new bookings made within the incentive booking period only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The offer is applicable to group bookings and solo travellers. A solo supplement applies to solo travellers.
- The travel credit is eligible on these products only: Port Davey Escape, South Coast Cruise, East Coast Expedition, Port Davey Escape Photography Expedition and Port Davey Escape Wild Walks Expedition. It is not eligible on Exclusive Charters.
- On Board’s general terms & conditions apply to all bookings.
- All dollars are in AUD and inclusive of GST.
What an absolutely privilege it was to discover the Southwest Wilderness aboard this elegantly appointed expedition catamaran
Port Davey in the Tasmanian Wilderness World-Heritage Area
is one of the most precious places in the world