A Hobart to Freycinet cruise exploring the wilderness & national parks of Tasmania’s east coast with guided walks & shore excursions
|Starts & ends:||Hobart|
|Destination:||East Coast of Tasmania|
|Cruise:||Hobart to Freycinet Peninsula (or reverse)|
|Land transfer:||Freycinet Peninsula to Hobart (or reverse)|
|Vessel:||Boutique expedition-cruise catamaran (24m)|
Discover azure waters, sparkling beaches and dramatic sea cliffs from floating luxury accommodation on vessel Odalisque
On this intimate and immersive expedition, cruise past magnificent mountains and call into secluded beaches en route to national parks, historic sites, and peninsulas aboard the boutique expedition vessel Odalisque. Explore each day on guided walks and shore excursions in small groups, encountering fluffy lawnmowers (aka wombats) on Maria Island, climbing the granite-capped peaks of Freycinet National Park, or taking a clifftop bushwalk.
Why this is the experience of a lifetime:
- Discover three of Tasmania’s top National Parks (Freycinet, Tasman & Maria Island) from an exclusive perspective at sea level, visiting secret spots and hard-to-reach places such as Schouten Island
- Explore the renowned World-Heritage-listed Port Arthur convict site and Wineglass Bay on a guided walking tour
- Encounter a magical coastline on daily guided walks and wilderness cruises led by local experts, returning to the comforts of a floating luxury lodge. (We think the lounges feel softer and the bubbles taste better for having conquered the mountain!)
- Daily guided walks, shore excursions & wilderness cruises by tender
- Tailored itinerary including walking, historic sites, birdwatching, photography, beachcombing...
- Luxury accommodation on expedition-vessel Odalisque
- Return land transfer from the Freycinet Peninsula to Hobart (or vice versa)
- Passionate & experienced local crew, including interpretive guide, skipper and chef
- All meals starring gourmet Tasmanian produce
- Fine Tasmanian wine and local boutique beer
- National Park entrance fees
- Use of weatherproof rain poncho & expedition bag
|4-night East Coast Expedition||$10,300||$11,800|
Fares are per person, based on twin share.
Take advantage of our Luxury Lodges Celebratory Offer: $1,800 travel credit per cabin.
World-heritage listed Maria Island
Maria Island National Park is a haven for wombats, wallabies and Tasmanian devils. Head ashore for a stroll to the patterned Painted Cliffs via the historic convict settlement, or beachcomb along the island’s long, sandy isthmus.
Tasman Peninsula’s soaring sea cliffs
Cruise between the 300m dolerite towers of Cape Pillar, the tallest sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere, and rugged Tasman Island. Hike to dizzying heights on the Cape Hauy clifftop walk. Search for seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds.
Secluded beaches of Freycinet
Ashore and afloat, explore the pristine white beaches, turquoise waters and pink-granite peaks of the Freycinet Peninsula. Wineglass Bay’s beauty is world-renowned - we celebrate the lesser-known coves and corners too.
Have questions? Get in touch with Pieter & Alice
On Board's expert team are available to chat between 9-5 pm every day
Call now or book a time to chat via video call. Email us anytime and we'll get back to you shortly. We're here to answer your questions.
Call on 0477 100 119
Book a Video Call with Piet or Alice
Floating Luxury Lodge in the Wilderness
Hitting the water in January 2023, Odalisque III is brand new, providing boutique accommodation and an exclusive wilderness experience for just 12 guests. The 24m catamaran features six well-appointed cabins and spacious indoor and outdoor lounge areas with expansive ocean views.
Be guided by local experts
Head into the wilderness with our all-star crew. From the skipper to the hand-picked expert guides, our talented and passionate team are the heart of this unforgettable experience. Their intimate knowledge of Tasmania will connect people to place. Plus, they’re funny and love to share a story (or three).
Food & Wine
Meals are an indulgent culinary experience made from fresh seasonal Tasmanian produce
Our specialist chefs have been borrowed from some of Hobart’s top restaurants. Expect perfect picnics, freshly-baked cookies pulled from the oven just as hungry hikers return, and flavoursome feasts in what is quite possibly the most remote restaurant in Tasmania.
Choose from a splendid selection of cool climate wines, crisp craft beers and slow-sipping spirits. Drink in hand, sink into a soft lounge and take in the everchanging view.
How would you like to travel with us?
Groups of Family & Friends
Unlock exclusive experiences with group bookings - and let us help with the organising.
Reconnect with each other through shared adventure and indulgence. Choose to join the group activities or enjoy a little time to yourselves.
Guests travelling solo are very welcome. There are a few different ways to travel with us.
Trip of a lifetime
A thrilling charter into Tasmania’s pristine wilderness
Get On Board Odalisque