A tailored expedition cruise exploring the best-kept secrets of Tasmania’s east coast
|Starts & ends:||Hobart|
|Destination:||East Coast of Tasmania|
|Cruise:||Hobart to Freycinet Peninsula (or reverse)|
|Land transfer:||Freycinet Peninsula to Hobart (or reverse)|
|Vessel:||Boutique expedition-cruise catamaran (24m)|
Discover a spectacular coastline of azure waters, sparkling beaches and dramatic sea cliffs
On this intimate and immersive expedition, cruise past magnificent mountains and call into secluded beaches en route to national parks, historic sites and peninsulas. Encounter fluffy lawnmowers (aka wombats) on Maria Island, climb the granite-capped peaks of Freycinet National Park or take a guided clifftop bushwalk.
Why this is the experience of a lifetime:
- Go beyond the leading lights of the east coast, from the World-Heritage-listed Port Arthur convict site to the turquoise waters of Wineglass Bay, to islands and beaches off the beaten track
- Discover three of Tasmania’s top National Parks (Freycinet, Tasman & Maria Island) from an exclusive perspective at sea level
- Explore this magical coastline each day on tender and shore excursions led by local experts – then retire to the lavish comforts of a floating boutique lodge complete with fine Tasmanian fare and wine
- Daily tender and shore excursions
- Tailored itinerary including walking, historic sites, birdwatching, photography, beachcombing...
- Intimate wilderness experience and accommodation onboard boutique-cruiser Odalisque
- Expert skipper, interpretive guide and chef
- All meals featuring gourmet Tasmanian produce
- Selection of fine Tasmanian wine and local boutique beer
- National Park & Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fees
- Weatherproof rain poncho for tender excursions
- Return land transfer from Freycinet Peninsula to Hobart (or vice versa)
|4-night expedition | 2022||$6,650||$7,150|
|4-night expedition | 2023||$9,800||$11,200|
Fares are per person, based on twin share.
Expeditions regularly depart from Hobart between June to December.
World-heritage listed Maria Island
Maria Island National Park is a haven for wombats, wallabies and Tasmanian devils. Head ashore for a stroll to the patterned Painted Cliffs via the historic convict settlement, or beachcomb along the island’s long, sandy isthmus.
Tasman Peninsula’s soaring sea cliffs
Cruise between the 300m dolerite towers of Cape Pillar, the tallest sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere, and rugged Tasman Island. Hike to dizzying heights on the Cape Hauy clifftop walk. Search for seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds.
Secluded beaches of Freycinet
Ashore and afloat, explore the pristine white beaches, turquoise waters and pink-granite peaks of the Freycinet Peninsula. Wineglass Bay’s beauty is world-renowned - we celebrate the lesser-known coves and corners too.
Floating Lodge in the Wilderness
Under the guidance of owner Pieter van der Woude, our boutique expedition-cruise vessel has been custom-designed for comfort, style, safety and an intimate wilderness experience in Tasmanian waters.
Hitting the water in January 2023, Odalisque III is brand new, accommodating just 12 guests. The 24m catamaran features six well-appointed cabins and spacious indoor and outdoor lounge areas with expansive ocean views.
Be guided by local experts
Head into the wilderness with our all-star crew. From the skipper, to the host and the hand-picked expert guides, our talented and passionate team are the heart of this unforgettable experience. Their intimate knowledge of Tasmania will connect people to place. Plus, they’re funny and love to share a story (or three).
Food & Wine
Meals are an indulgent culinary experience made from fresh seasonal Tasmanian produce
Our specialist chefs have been borrowed from some of Hobart’s top restaurants. Expect perfect picnics, freshly-baked cookies pulled from the oven just as hungry hikers return, and flavoursome feasts in what is quite possibly the most remote restaurant in Tasmania.
Choose from a splendid selection of cool climate wines, crisp craft beers and slow-sipping spirits. Drink in hand, sink into a soft lounge and take in the everchanging view.
Departure Dates & Availability
East Coast Expeditions regularly depart from Hobart between June and December. Check below for 2023 and 2024 availability.
Trip of a lifetime
A thrilling charter into Tasmania’s pristine wilderness
Get On Board Odalisque